Cochlear implant maker Advanced Bionics (AB), a division of the Sonova Group, has been awarded a total of five Stevie Awards® from the Ninth Annual International Business Awards competition.
Stevie Awards are judged by more than 200 executives from around the globe and are considered by some in the business community to be one of the world’s most prestigious business awards competitions. The award’s name, “Stevie,” is derived from the Greek name Stephen, which means “crowned.” The Stevie Awards were created to honor the achievements and positive contributions of organizations and professionals worldwide.
AB received the following Stevie Awards in these categories:
- Gold for Most Innovative Company of the Year in Canada and the United States
- Gold for AB’s Neptune™ Processor – Best New Product or Service of the Year, Health & Pharmaceuticals (pictured, right)
- Gold for AB’s Neptune Processor Campaign – Marketing Campaign of the Year, Health Products & Services
- Bronze for Customer Service Department of the Year
- Bronze for Creative Department of the Year
“We are honored by this tremendous acknowledgment of our innovation leadership and best-in-class service,” said Hansjuerg Emch, group vice president of the Sonova Medical Division. “Everyone at Advanced Bionics is deeply committed to putting recipients and hearing professionals first in all that we do, from our dedicated customer service team to our creative marketing that serves to inform and inspire. It’s incredibly rewarding to receive recognition of this commitment. And on the innovation front, we are thrilled with the success of Neptune, which has been a true industry breakthrough.”
AB’s Neptune swimmable sound processor recently won a Red Dot Award: Product Design 2012; a 2012 Silver Shaggie Award, in recognition of excellence in product design from the Industrial Designers Society of America Northwest; and a 2012 Medical Design Excellence Awards finalist honor.
SOURCE: Advanced Bionics