The Sound of Light, marketed by South Coastal Merchandisers Inc, Fullerton, Calif, is a wireless speaker system powered from the socket of a floor or table lamp. According to the company, the user simply unscrews the existing light bulb and replaces it with the Sound of Light speaker system. The light bulb can then be screwed into the new socket, an audio source (eg, Apple products, TV, stereo, etc) is chosen, and the devices are paired. The result is said to be clear sound where you need it, with no wires required to run, headphones to wear, or speakers to place.
Sound of Light delivers sound thanks in part to the Texas Instruments pure path wireless technology and a 25w RMS amplifier. According to the company, other features include:
- 200-foot range of operation between transmitter and speaker;
- 25W RMS amplifier with high performance DSP, EQ, and proprietary limiter algorithms for optimal sound quality with accurate sound reproduction up to an astounding 100 dB;
- Multiple channels to eliminate interference uses line level output from your TV;
- 4 Ohm 3” full range speaker using rare earth neodymium magnets for high output (designed by InterSource OEM Inc);
- 20W 2-channel Stereo Amp run in BTL Mode for one speaker and limited at 25W RMS for pure, clean sound;
- Less than 0.15% THD Distortion at average listening level;
- Tone control to adjust treble to compensate for different lampshade densities and for people with loss of high frequency hearing;
- Around sound audio reflector directs the sound in a 360° circle through the lampshade so you can hear sound clearly in any position;
- Single speaker channel selection switch enables you to select Right speaker, Left Speaker or Mono (sums Left and Right), and
- Two speakers allows full stereo (left and right).
For more details, visit: www.soundoflights.com