Audiology Systems, in partnership with Otometrics, invites you to our VNG course. This is a one-day course is designed to assist new users of the ICS Chartr 200 VNG/ENG system in becoming more familiar with the system’s operation. For current users, this course will allow you to stay up-to-date as new technology and software are introduced to VNG/ENG testing. Key training areas include protocol development, data interpretation and presentation, and reporting test results.
A discussion and demonstration will be produced on how the ICS Chartr 200 system is utilized for VNG/ENG testing. The basics of vestibular testing will be reviewed along with a discussion of oculormotor, positional, and calorics theory. A hands-on practicum of oculormotor, positional, and calorics testing will also be included. An overview and exploration of reporting using the Chartr 200 system will be discussed. The day will end with a review and demonstration of video head impulse testing using the ICS Impulse. The benefits of the use of VNG/ENG to both the clinician and patient will be presented.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate patient preparation and set up for collection of VNG/ENG data.
- Participants will be able to describe oculormotor, positional, and calorics theory in order to collect and properly identify normal vs. peripheral vs. central pathology.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate oculormotor, positional, and calorics testing.
- Participants will be able to recognize and avoid common errors and artifacts in VNG/ENG.
- Participants will be able to recognize the need for other vestibular test, such as head impulse and VEMP testing and correlate their findings with VNG/ENG results.
- Participants will be able to describe the physiologic basis of video head impulse testing and how it can determine the side of lesion.
Audiology Systems is approved by the American Academy of Audiology to offer AAA CEUs for this activity. The September 12 program is worth .3 CEUs and the October 16 program is worth a maximum of 0.7 CEUs. AAA approval of this continuing education activity does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
NOTE: VNG training is held three times a year at the Audiology System’s facility in Schaumburg, Illinois, approximately 25 minutes from O’Hare International Airport.
*The above dates are tentative. Audiology Systems reserves the right to cancel classes that have fewer than 5 participants within 3 weeks of the course.