Starkey Laboratories Inc, Eden Prairie, Minn, introduces Starkey Pediatrics, a new program developed using Starkey’s evidence-based design approach. The program aims to provide hearing professionals with innovative hearing products and professional and patient support.
Only Starkey Pediatrics hearing aids are authorized to offer Nickelodeon characters from some of kids’ favorite TV shows as part of the program. Nickelodeon’s commitment to kids and its positive portrayal of children learning, growing, and making decisions as they explore their worlds make it a perfect partner for Starkey Pediatrics, says Starkey.
“Kids should have the chance to be kids and to experience and discover the world around them,” said Jerry Ruzicka, president of Starkey. “We wanted to create the right kind of pediatric program, so we drew on the insight of pediatric audiologists across the country to help develop a comprehensive hearing program that delivers industry-leading hearing instruments, support and materials.”
Starkey S Series iQ hearing instruments provide child-friendly features, including:
– PureWave Feedback Eliminator, a pediatric-specific version of the feedback canceller
– Live Real Ear Measurement, allowing clinicians to match to their DSL 5.0 targets using the Real-Ear Aided Response (REAR)
– Pediatric-specific Auto Path via Starkey’s Inspire fitting software to provide an age-specific, evidence-based prescription of hearing aid features for each child
– Two years of free earmold remakes for children 17 and under
– Dynamic DAI on the behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aid, which is universally compatible
– Advanced HydraShield, Starkey’s proprietary moisture protection system, which provides resistance to water, humidity, perspiration and corrosion inside and out, available on all standard products
– A locking battery door on the BTE
– Voice iQ, Starkey’s new noise reduction and speech preservation system
– Sweep technology available on all standard products, allowing patients to make volume and setting changes with the sweep or touch of a finger
– Six new child-friendly colors on the BTE for a total of 12 colors
Children will have the opportunity include Nickelodeon characters from their favorite TV shows—including Dora the Explorer, Go, Diego,Go, SpongeBob SquarePants, and iCarly—on their earmolds. In addition to the Nickelodeon earmolds, multiple earmold colors and swirls are available, as well as a variety of tubing colors. Nickelodeon characters will also be featured on Starkey Pediatrics materials that accompany the hearing aids.
For hearing professionals, the Starkey Pediatrics Program offers support and counseling materials for kids and families, as well as a new care kit and in-office materials—all showcasing the new Nickelodeon partnership.