Washington, DC — Better Hearing Institute (BHI) has published Your Guide to Tinnitus, by Richard Tyler, PhD. This free downloadable eGuide is BHI’s seventh consumer-oriented hearing health publication.
According to BHI’s latest MarkeTrak publication, published in the November 2011 edition of Hearing Review, there are 30 million people with persistent tinnitus in the United States. The report also reveals that at least 13 million of those with persistent tinnitus are not even aware that they have hearing loss.
The 14-page publication is written for people suffering from tinnitus and seeking professional help. The subjects covered include:
- Definition of tinnitus
- Classification of tinnitus
- Impact of tinnitus
- Treatment efficacy, including recent findings on the mitigating impact of hearing aids on tinnitus
- Helpful hints for managing tinnitus
This tinnitus eGuide was written by Richard Tyler, professor in both the Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Iowa, Iowa City. He is also the editor of three books on tinnitus, including The Consumer Handbook on Tinnitus from Auricle Ink Publishers.
Previous BHI eGuides include:
- Your Guide to Better Hearing
- A Guide to Your Child’s Hearing
- Your Guide to Hearing Aids
- Your Guide to Care and Maintenance of Hearing Aids
- Your Guide to Financial Assistance for Hearing Aids
- Your Guide to Buying Hearing Aids
BHI is encouraging hearing health professionals to download this guide and to share it with patients.
SOURCE: Better Hearing Institute (BHI)