The Practical Practice Blog #3 | Video Marketing
Video marketing has emerged as a leading way for marketers to influence and engage their target audience. Using video content in your clinic’s marketing strategy used to be an option. Now it’s a necessary piece to your marketing puzzle that will differentiate you from your competition. Clinics that use video are more likely to influence their audience in search, on social media, on their websites, and in their clinics.
These 13 Stats Prove the Power of Video Content:
- Before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if available. (Diode Digital)
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research)
- 56% of consumers believe if a company has a website, it should have video content. (Animoto)
- The average consumer spends 16 minutes and 49 seconds a month watching online video ads. (ComScore via 50Wheel)
- 80% of consumers say a video showing how a product or service works is important when learning about the company. (Animoto)
- YouTube has become the 2nd largest search engine—bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and AOL combined. (Etailinsights)
- Video search results have a 41% higher click-through than plain-text results. (Animoto via Heard not heard)
- 50% of marketers consider customer testimonials, explainer tutorial videos, and demonstration videos the most effective types of video content used. (Asend2 via Boast.io)
- 4 out of 5 consumers say demo videos are helpful. (Animoto)
- Your website is 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engine’s results page if it includes video. (Forrester Research)
- Online video accounts for 50% of mobile traffic, and is predicted to become 75% by 2016. (Cisco)
- 63% of consumers say companies who use video know how to reach their customers. (Animoto)
- People stay 2 minutes longer on your site if you have video content. (ComScore via Brainshark)
How Do You Apply This to Your Marketing Strategy?
- Add video content to the main pages on your website to influence your search results.
- Use your customers to convey social proof through video testimonials, case studies, and tutorials.
- Post video content on social media.
- Keep your videos under 5 minutes long.
- Spend time making demo videos to convey your product’s or service’s function and value.
- Create helpful, non-promotional video content that leaves users turning to you for future information.
- Short video ads win over display ads.
You should be spending more time on video content, and less time on long-tail written content. As more consumers expect video content to appear with every search they make, you need to be prepared with valuable video content to create a more seamless user experience for your potential customers. The more short videos that can be found either about or created by your clinic, the better luck you will have at reaching your audience and becoming an influencer in your industry.
Image: © Alexandersikov| Dreamstime.com
Michele Ahlman is President and CEO of ClearSounds.com, a provider of devices for people with hearing loss, and Clear Digital Media, Burr Ridge, Ill, which has created the Hearing Health News Network (HHN). HHN is delivered via wired or wireless Internet to your waiting room and features a playlist of hearing-related items to benefit your patients.
Correspondence to: Michele Ahlman at [email protected]