The British Academy of Audiology (BAA) announces that the 16th Annual Conference and Exhibition will take place on the November 14-15, 2019 at the ACC Liverpool, United Kingdom.
Registration is now open! For more information visit: www.baaudiology.org/conference
According to the BAA, the conference program will continue to have a strong clinical focus. There will be updates from the world of research, overviews of policy updates, service innovations, and examples of clinical excellence. The main aim is for delegates to leave the conference with a clear idea of how they can implement what they have heard in their own departments or careers. All invited speakers are asked to summarize their talks with the popular “3 Things to Do on Monday” message. Key sessions will cover pediatric assessment, vestibular updates for both assessment and rehabilitation, how to deliver patient-centered care, implementing new technology in both the NHS and private sector, and implantable devices.
The BAA will continue with its streamlined program with only 3 main parallel tracks; there will be a range of invited speakers and free papers and, after lunch each day, longer workshops. There will be a number of new additions for 2019; on Thursday, there will be a walk-through dementia clinic where attendees will be able to review and find resources on display for their own clinics and speak to experts in the field. On Friday, there will be pre-bookable IDA Pediatric workshops running in the morning. Tickets will be released for this shortly before the conference at no extra cost for delegates on a first-come, first-served basis. Friday afternoon bring the return of the CRN workshop for those looking to incorporate research into their clinical roles. During breaks, attendees will be able to drop into short presentations and demonstrations in the new Pods which will be in the exhibition hall.
Conference Highlights include:
- The Adrian Davis lecture to be presented by John Day, clinical director of audiology, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- The Bamford lecture to be presented by Professor De Wet Swanepoel, president of the International Society of Audiology (ISA)
- Other keynote speakers include Professor Larry Humes, Indiana University Bloomington and Dr Sally Rosengren, University of Sydney
- Parallel sessions looking at all aspects of audiology across all sectors, from research to clinical practice, encompassing commercial aspects
- Thursday to include a walk-through, dementia-friendly clinic room
- Friday morning to include an IDA Pediatric Workshop – ticket only!
- Friday afternoon to include a Clinical Research Workshop
- Awards program to acknowledge individuals and teams who have excelled in the audiology profession
- Social event and networking opportunities
- NEW FOR 2019: Pop-up workshops in the Exhibition Hall
- And much more!
To view the program visit: www.baaudiology.org/conference
Free paper and poster presentations form an integral part of the conference and are a way for those working within the audiology field to share best practice and research as well as network with colleagues.
Successful submissions will have their research displayed at the conference or may be asked to present orally to audiologists from the UK and beyond.
NEW FOR 2019: Our SPARK talks are short, 10-minute presentation slots in the BAA pod in the Exhibition Hall.
Submitting an abstract is an easy, online process and we ask that all submissions are made before the closing date on Monday, July 15, 2019.
Every year at the BAA Annual Conference, we take the time to acknowledge those individuals and teams who have excelled, or shown exceptional commitment to the audiology profession over the past year.
If you think someone deserves recognition, please take the time to nominate so we can all celebrate their achievements.
The closing date for nominations is Friday, August 23, 2019.
REGISTER NOW at: www.baaudiology.org/conference
Early bird price valid until September 23, 2019
For further information email: [email protected] or phone: 01506 292 045
Follow @BAAudiology and use #BAAConf
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/baaudiology/
Join the BAA 2019 Car Share Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/BAA2019carshare/