Bethesda, Md — As the fall season approaches, The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) has released a video that explains the history and goals of their annual Walk4Hearing events that take place in cities around the United States.
Since 2006, over 18,000 walkers have participated, raising awareness and money for programs and services for people with hearing loss and their families. The funds raised are shared between the national organization and local Walk sites.
Examples of how funds are used include www.kidsandhearingloss.org, which gives support to parents of children with hearing loss; providing financial assistance for hearing aids to those who can’t afford them; the installation of hearing assistive technology in public places; and many more local and national services.
To register to walk as an individual, to start a team, or to join a team at a Walk site near you, click one of the listed chapters below.
There are also a variety of national sponsorship opportunities to showcase your company through the Walk4Hearing. For more information, visit the HLAA’s national sponsors page.
The video can be viewed below, and it can also be shared with friends, famil, and colleagues on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks via this Web link www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIJERyAZL0.
Fall Walks Dates and Locations
- Illinois: Chicago, October 15, Chicago Walk4Hearing
- Massachusetts: Brighton, October 16 New England Walk4Hearing
- Michigan: Wyoming, October 9 West Michigan Walk4Hearing
- Minnesota: Minneapolis, October 1 Minneapolis Walk4Hearing
- New Jersey: West Windsor, October 15 Garden State-NJ Walk4Hearing
- New York: Dobbs Ferry, September 18 Westchester Walk4Hearing
- New York: New York City, October 2 NYC Walk4Hearing
- New York: Wappingers Falls, October 15 Mid-Hudson Walk4Hearing
- Ohio: Lima, October 1 NW Ohio Walk4Hearing
- Oregon: Portland, September 17 Portland Walk4Hearing
- Pennsylvania: Newtown Square, September 25 Pennsylvania Walk4Hearing
- Texas: Houston, November 5 Houston Walk4Hearing
- Utah: Salt Lake, City October 15 Salt Lake City Walk4Hearing
- Washington, DC: Tidal Basin, November 6 Washington DC Walk4Hearing