Houston — Cochlear America is sponsoring a hearing health fair on January 29, 2011. The goal is to help educate Houston area residents about hearing loss and today’s modern solutions, such as cochlear implants.
Cochlear America’s Hearing Health Fair will provide several information seminars and one-on-one opportunities for people who currently struggle with hearing aids and for those who want to learn about other treatment options.
The fair will include captioned informational sessions with experienced Houston medical professionals, who will explain why hearing loss occurs and why hearing aids may not work well for some patients.
Attendees will also learn about the latest available treatment options, including cochlear implants and bone anchored hearing solutions (Baha system), as well as insurance reimbursement discussions.
Beyond the science, attendees will have an opportunity to meet cochlear implant users and learn about their stories, as well as be able to share their own challenges and experiences.
Scheduled on January 29, the fair will feature the following free information sessions:
8:30 – 9:45 am – When Hearing Aids May No Longer be Enough
- How to know and what other solutions may be available
- Insurance and Reimbursement overview
- Audience Q&A
10:15 – 11:15 am – Life with a Cochlear Implant
- Learn about living with cochlear implants and hear inspirational stories of others who have successfully had their hearing restored with a cochlear implant.
- An audience Q&A.
11:45 am – 1:30 pm – Surgeon and Cochlear Implant User Panel
- Panel discussion with cochlear implant surgeons and cochlear implant users
1:30 – 2:00 pm – Meet and Greet
- One-on-one time with professionals and cochlear implant users
The event will take place on Saturday, January 29 at:
Crowne Plaza Houston Northwest/Brookhollow Hotel
12801 Northwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77040
Parking will be free.
SOURCE: Cochlear Americas