Free hearing conservation seminars to help prevent noise-induced hearing loss in the workplace are scheduled throughout June around the US and Canada — hosted by hearing conservation experts from Honeywell, of Smithfield Rhode Island.
“Noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) might well be the world’s most common, and preventable, occupational injury. But with the proper education, motivation, and protection, it can also be 100% preventable,” says Brad Witt, MA, director of hearing conservation, Honeywell Safety Products, the global provider of Howard Leight hearing protection solutions.
Titled “Howard Leight® HearForever™: Best Practices in Effective Hearing Conservation,” the half-day seminars will help safety professionals improve their workplace hearing conservation programs with practical information on NIHL, and the latest research and technologies.
Attendees will receive free training materials, literature, and hearing protection samples. They also will participate in hands-on demonstrations of new hearing conservation technologies, including the Howard Leight VeriPRO® fit-testing system for measuring earplug fit, and the Honeywell QUIETPRO® advanced in-ear communication system for high noise environments.
Howard Leight HearForever hearing conservation seminars have been presented to thousands of safety professionals on five continents over the past decade to raise awareness of the dangers, risks and consequences of noise-induced hearing loss.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be available for industrial hygienists and other safety professionals. Topics will include:
- Basics of NIHL;
- Key elements of an effective hearing conservation program;
- Practical tools for improving the fit of hearing protectors
- Case studies from successful hearing conservation programs;
- Employee motivation and training techniques and resources;
- Reducing costs for hearing loss.
The half-day seminars will take place from 9 am to noon as follows:
- Monday, June 16 – Everett, WA: Holiday Inn Downtown Everett, Everett, WA
- Tuesday, June 17 – Tacoma, WA: Courtyard Marriott Tacoma Downtown, Tacoma, WA
- Wednesday, June 18 – Portland, OR: Holiday Inn Portland Airport I-205, Portland, OR
- Thursday, June 19 – Eugene, OR: Hilton Garden Inn Eugene, Springfield, Springfield, OR
- Tuesday, June 17 – Toronto, ON, CAN: Levitt Safety, Oakville, ON
- Wednesday, June 18 – Sudbury, ON, CAN: Holiday Inn, Sudbury, ON
- Tuesday, June 24 – Huntsville AL: Four Points Sheraton Huntsville Airport, Huntsville, AL
- Wednesday, June 25 – Birmingham AL: Embassy Suites – Birmingham Hoover, Birmingham, AL
- Thursday, June 26 – Mobile AL: Hilton Garden Inn Mobile – Daphne, Daphne, AL