To mark World Hearing Day on the March 3, 2022, a virtual lunch debate is being held at the European Parliament, according to an announcement on the Hear-it.org website. The theme of the talk is “To hear for life, listen with care,” and will take place on Thursday, March 3 from 12:30 to 2:30 (CET).
The debate will be hosted by MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D).
Agenda for the Lunch Debate:
- Welcome & introduction by MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D)
- “To hear for life, listen with care” by Shelly Chadha, World Health Organization (WHO)
- The WHO Global Standard for Safe Listening Entertainment Venues by Mark Laureyns, AEA
- Why hard-of-hearing people care for safe listening by Lidia Best, EFHOH
- Young Ambassadors going to schools by Laia Zamora – EURO-CIU
- The importance of adult hearing screening by Patrick D’Haese, Hear-it.
- The importance of access to ear and hearing care in Europe by Satish Mishra – WHO-Europe
- Conclusion by MEP Alex Agius Saliba
The debate will be held in English, during which there will be a simultaneous speech-to-text service in English.
Information and registration
For more information on the virtual lunch debate at the European Parliament, please visit: https://www.meetings.be/Debate2022/.
If you want to follow the lunch debate, you can register for free here.
Hear-it.org is a non-commercial web site and has been established to increase public awareness of hearing loss. Hear-it.org is “one of the world’s leading and most comprehensive websites on hearing, hearing loss, and tinnitus and how to treat and live with hearing loss or tinnitus.”