InnerScope Hearing Technologies Inc (OTCQB:INND) announced the launch of Zounds rechargeable and non-rechargeable hearing aids on Walmart.com as part of the manufacturing, design, and marketing agreement that InnerScope announced earlier with Zounds Hearing, Inc (“Zounds”). The Zounds product portfolio featured on Walmart.com includes the VIZARA, a 16-Channel digital rechargeable hearing system (“VIZARA”); the PREZIA, a 16-Channel premium digital hearing aid (“PREZIA”), and HEARING IN A BOX, a digital hearing aid, (“HB100”) receiver-in-canal (“RIC”) model (“Zounds Products”).
According to InnerScope, the VIZARA and the PREZIA are fully programmable and customizable hearing aids.
All of Zounds Products are said to be proprietary products of 52 US patents and are complementary to InnerScope’s existing product line already being offered on Walmart.com.
The VIZARA is described by the company as “a fully digital rechargeable system with 16-true programmable channels.” According to InnerScope, the features include:
- Global Energy Charging Station. Zounds rechargeable batteries hold a 24-hour charge after eight hours in the charging station.
- Empower Remote Control. Has four distinct programs, including: Dining Mode, Party Mode, Music Mode, and Quiet Mode, which helps hearing aid wearers to “fine-tune their listening experience, depending upon the changing environment.” Bass, Treble, and Volume settings are also adjustable.
- Intuitive Noise Cancellation3. Consists of three coordinated elements that help eliminate unwanted background noise.
- ClearSpeak. The hearing aid provides spoken notification when switching preset modes.
- EnviroSenze Ultra. It helps provide continuous automatic adjustments for optimized sound quality, according to InnerScope.
- Greater Clarity – Zounds’ RIC technology helps eliminate the distortion produced by old-fashioned tubes.
The PREZIA is a non-rechargeable premium digital hearing aid with 16 true programmable channels and includes all of the above features of the VIZARA, except with no rechargeable or remote control feature or capabilities.
The Hearing in a Box (HB100) is said to be digital RIC hearing aid with features that include:
- Four Program Presets to match the most common types of hearing loss; single-button control for ease of use.
- Adaptive Noise Reduction technology helps eliminate unwanted background noise.
- Dual Microphones. A pair of matched microphones that help to create greater sound quality, clarity, and directionality of sound.
“Zounds is excited to bring state-of-the art digital hearing aids to Walmart.com,” said Sam Thomasson, president and CEO of Zounds Hearing, Inc. “I created Zounds because I have a daughter who is hearing impaired and I was dissatisfied with the poor quality and the ridiculous price of hearing aids. As an electrical engineer I made it my life’s mission to create a better hearing aid at a price point that more people can afford. Fifty-two patents later, my vision has become a reality. Zounds has made significant advances in fidelity, noise cancellation, and comfort and I am proud to be making a difference in my daughter’s life and the tens of thousands of Zounds customers across the United States.”
“As a direct ship and wholesale vendor for Walmart.com, we are pleased to offer the Zounds high-performance rechargeable and non-rechargeable affordable hearing aids to its millions of users,” said Matthew Moore, CEO of InnerScope Hearing Technologies. “Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, through Walmart.com and InnerScope, can now offer its shoppers the affordable pricing they expect for hearing aids that utilize the latest, most effective technology available. InnerScope’s strategic vision of consolidating and modernizing the hearing aid industry continues to rapidly and successfully improve the quality of life for the hearing impaired.”