Holland, Mich — On September 27 – 29, 2011, Contacta Inc will present a 3-day hearing loop training program at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nev.
Topics include basic audio systems, sales, design, installation, and loop certification with a full day of hands-on experience. Participants will also look at new high current loop drivers and the installation of low spill systems.
A laptop computer is required, and a Contacta Loop-FSM meter is also recommended; a meter discount will be available for attendees.
What will be covered:
- Effective sales and marketing techniques: Basic audio systems (Tuesday AM session)
- Basic microphone fundamentals and connectors
- Getting the correct sound into the loop
- How T-coils and loops interact (Does loop shape matter?)
- How and why to visualize the magnetic field
- Background noise—Tracing it down and getting rid of it
- Measuring background noise and the loop signal level
- Certifying a hearing loop install
- The primary types of loop installs including phased arrays
- When to model a loop vs measuring and testing
- Review of available products and their applications
- Setting up and commissioning a hearing loop
- Other applications for hearing loops
On Wednesday evening, participants will have a chance to network with fellow hearing loop professionals at an event sponsored by Contacta. Attendees will also be eligible for continuing education unit (CEU) credits from AAA, ASHA, and IIHIS.
More detailed information on pricing and accommodations are available on Contacta’s Web Site.