To bring further awareness around tinnitus, a condition affecting over 25 million Americans every year, Signia announced it will host a virtual workshop on tinnitus treatment and research from June 23-June 24, 2021. The event is designed to help hearing care professionals, from independent private practice and medical audiology clinicians to AuD students, learn more about the options to treat tinnitus.
Related article: Signia Launches AX Hearing Aid Platform
Today, millions of people around the country experience tinnitus due to a variety of causes. While there is not yet a cure, there are still ways for patients find relief from tinnitus, Signia says. By analyzing the most current research and implementing proven treatments, such as Signia’s proprietary Notch Therapy among others offered by Signia, hearing care professionals can help patients can restore their peace of mind.
Signia’s event offers attendees the opportunity to up to 0.9 CEUs (9 hours) and features four experts in tinnitus treatment and research: James Henry, PhD; Pawel Jastreboff, PhD, ScD, MBA; Christopher Spankovich, PhD, and Richard Tyler, PhD.
The agenda of the event’s sessions can be found below:
June 23, 2021
- 4:00-5:00 PM EST – Signia’s Complete Tinnitus Toolbox: Hearing Aids and Treatment Options Applied
- 5:15-7:15 PM EST – A Holistic and Logical Tinnitus Management Protocol
- By Chris Spankovich, PhD
June 24, 2021
- 11:00 AM-12:30 PM EST – Hyperacusis Activities Treatment
- By Richard Tyler, PhD
- 1:00-2:30 PM EST – Application of Tinnitus Retraining Therapy in Clinical Practice
- By Pawel J. Jastreboff, PhD, ScD, MBA
- 3:00-4:30 PM EST – Progressive Tinnitus Management (PTM) and Tele-PTM
- By James Henry, PhD
- 4:00-6:30 PM EST – Tinnitus Protocols and Outcome Measures: Input from Expert Tinnitus Clinicians
For more information and to register for the virtual event, click here.
 National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) website. Quick Statistics About Hearing. https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/statistics/quick-statistics-hearing#7. Published March 25, 2021. Accessed April 1, 2021.
Source: Signia, NIDCD