Smørum, Denmark— William Demant Holding A/S, parent company of Oticon, Bernafon, Sonic Innovations, and other hearing health diagnostic companies, has reported a strong earnings report for 2011 with revenues that totaled DKK 8,041 million, matching a growth rate of 17%, with organic growth accounting for 9 percentage points.
Other highlights of the report:
- The Group’s hearing devices, diagnostic instruments, and personal communication achieved an organic growth rate in revenues of 8%, 12%, and 8%, respectively.
- In terms of just the wholesale of hearing aids, the Group achieved an organic growth rate of just over 8%.
- In 2011, the Group generated operating profits (EBIT) of DKK 1,709 million and net profits of DKK 1,199 million.
- In the period under review, operating profits (EBIT) went up by 20%, and net profits for the year rose by 21% compared with last year.
- The reported profit ratio (EBIT margin) rose by 0.6% to 21.3%.
- If adjusted for the acquisition of Otix Global, the increase in the Group’s profit ratio would have been about 1%.
In 2012, the company says it expects a growth in revenues of 5% to 9%, and thus to increase its market share. An acquisition effect of 1% to 3% is included in this expected growth in revenues.
The full report is available online.
SOURCE: William Demant Holding