Over the counter (OTC) hearing devices have drawn a lot of attention recently—even making it onto a list of an executive order from President Biden. Yesterday, Sycle hosted the webinar, Over the Counter (OTC) Hearing Aids: Their Impact on the Marketplace, as part of the company’s Thought Leadership Series. Taking part in the discussion was Rise ENT EVP Kyle Acker, AuD; Matt Dearing, VP of Marketing at My Hearing Centers; Eargo Hearing Aids COO Bill Brownie, Hearing Review Editor Karl Strom, and moderated by Sycle Co-Founder and CTO Sean Shoffstall.
The panel discussion focused on key questions that impact all clinics, such as:
- What is happening with OTC? Where are we today? How did we get here? What factors have driven this market change?
- How does OTC technology compare to standard fit hearing devices?
- What services can Providers offer to stay close to a patient who uses OTC?
- What are manufacturers telling clinic owners? How do they want to work with Providers? What does the model look like for providing care to consumers?
- What can clinics do about any negative impact from OTC?
- Can clinics take advantage of OTC? What are the benefits for consumers and clinics?
- What operational procedures or changes should practice owners implement with regards to OTC?
- Where is the Hearing Aid market going? What does it look like five or ten years in the future? How will clinics look?
To listen to the webinar on-demand, visit: https://web.sycle.net/panel-discussion-otc/