The National Academies of Practice (NAP)—an interdisciplinary group of health practitioners that advise government on the health care system—recently inducted new leadership for the Executive Committee and Council, the two governing bodies of the association, NAP announced in a press release.
At the 2017 Annual Meeting and Forum in Philadelphia, NAP confirmed the following officers on the interprofessinoal Executive Committee:
- Michelle Troseth, President (Nursing Academy)
- Jody Frost, President-Elect (Physical Therapy Academy)
- Satya Verma, Immediate Past President (Optometry Academy)
- Victor Bray, Secretary/Treasurer (Audiology Academy)
- Rick Weisbarth, Vice President of Membership (Optometry Academy)
- Lucille Ferrara, Vice President of Professional Development (Nursing Academy)
- Gretchen Ely, Vice President of Public Policy (Social Work Academy)
- Elizabeth Rider, Vice President of Partnerships and Networking (Medicine Academy)
- Al Rundio, Co-Editor in Chief of the Journal for Interprofessional Education and Practice (JIEP) (Nursing Academy)
Academy leadership on the NAP Council includes:
- Bettie Borton, Audiology Academy Chair
- Victoria Keetay, Audiology Academy Vice Chair?
- David Itzkoff, Dentistry Academy Chair
- Jerome Kleponis, Dentistry Academy Vice Chair
- H. Esterbrook Longmaid, Medicine Academy Chair
- Suzanne Kurtz, Medicine Academy Vice Chair?
- Joanne Singleton, Nursing Academy Chair
- Evelyn Clingerman, Nursing Academy Vice Chair
- Sandra Block, Optometry Academy Chair
- Doug Benoit, Optometry Academy Vice Chair?
- Heather Congdon, Pharmacy Academy Chair?
- Wendy Duncan, Pharmacy Academy Vice Chair?
- Barbara Maxwell, Physical Therapy Academy Chair
- Z. Annette Iglarsh, Physical Therapy Academy Vice Chair
- Patricia Moore, Podiatry Academy Chair
- Marie DiCowden, Psychology Academy Chair
- Raymond Folen, Psychology Academy Vice Chair
- Kathryn Smolinski, Social Work Academy Chair
- Barbara Jones, Social Work Academy Vice Chair
- Janet Schreck, Speech-Language Pathology Academy Chair
- Denise Ludwig, Speech-Language Pathology Academy Vice Chair
- Steven Atwood, Veterinary Medicine Academy Chair
- Stephanie Ostrowski, Veterinary Medicine Academy Vice Chair
(names in bold indicate new Council appointments)
The NAP Council and Executive Committee guide the strategic direction of the association with the mission of advancing interprofessional healthcare by fostering collaboration and advocating policies in the best interest of individuals and communities.