Inventis announced Satellite Tele-audiology Solutions, a new technology it developed to “allow an audiologist to interact and remotely perform complete hearing assessments on their patients, in real time, no waiting, automatic testing, or facilitators.”
Satellite Tele-audiology Solutions, offers “a safe and effective way to offer hearing testing services while remaining physically distant.” With the recent COVID-19 challenges, in-person testing is made difficult. Satellite Tele-audiology Solutions is a remote hearing care solution that “helps keep the patient and the audiologist safe,” according to the company.
Satellite Tele-audiology Solutions is “the first real-time remote diagnostic audiometric solution” that gives a healthcare practitioner the ability to perform a full audiometric test (air conduction, bone conduction, and speech) as if the practitioner and the patients were sitting in the clinic.
The ANSI-certified audiometer with an embedded audio-video platform helps gives practitioners “the control needed to interact, while testing and still maintaining social distancing with your patient.” The testing software has a built-in video conferencing system (via app) as well.
The four-step process is as follows:
- Step 1 – Get your Satellite kit and deliver it directly to the patient. The Satellite kit includes:
- A tablet configured with satellite conferencing and diagnostic app,
- A satellite certified audiometer (ANSI S3.6),
- A pair of insert earphones or headphones, bone vibrator (available, but optional).
- Step 2 – Start the diagnostic software on your computer and connect to your patient via the conferencing app installed on the tablet.
- Step 3 – Instruct the patient on how to wear transducers and conduct the test remotely.
- Step 4 – Save the exam results directly on your clinic’s patient database.
For more information, please visit: www.remoteaudiometer.com.