Built from scratch with proprietary technology, Orka Two combines the latest features, AI-powered noise reduction, and improved processing power to provide a seamless and personalized hearing experience, the company says.
The founding team at Orka, with personal experience in hearing loss, has dedicated the past four years to developing a product that breaks through the noise and transforms the lives of individuals with hearing impairments, according to the company.
“We understand firsthand the frustrations associated with hearing loss, and we believe that technology can play a vital role in improving the lives of individuals with hearing impairments,” says Ben Sun, founder and CEO of Orka. “That’s why we built Orka Two from the ground up and from a first-hand user perspective. We’ve been in stealth mode for years developing a device based on countless human trials
Orka Two boasts an array of new features designed to set it apart from traditional hearing aids, the company says. Powered by AI, its noise reduction capabilities deliver superior performance and enhanced clarity. With 1,000 times the processing power, Orka Two ensures that users can fully immerse themselves in conversations and enjoy their favorite sounds without compromise.
Further reading: Why General Chips are the Next Big Leap in Hearing Technology
“I used hearing aids for seven years before finally switching to the cochlear implant, and my personal battle with hearing loss sparked the idea to create Orka, so that we could better the lives of those going through similar difficulties,” says Xinke Liu, chief communications officer and co-founder of Orka. “Throughout my own personal journey with hearing loss, I’ve learned the importance of ongoing and personalized support, which is why Orka Two has evolved out of empathy, so we can help customers adjust to, and make the most of, their hearing devices.”
Orka also offers a hybrid approach between over-the-counter (OTC) and clinic-based care that combines audiologist expertise with the convenience of an at-home shopping and try-on experience. Orka users can also begin to enjoy personalized service and professional consultation with the Orka team, from free professional in-situ hearing screening, and ongoing consultations, to remote adjustments tailored to their individual hearing conditions.
Additionally, the ergonomic design of Orka Two incorporates general chips, similar to those found in popular consumer audio devices like AirPods, instead of custom chips used by traditional hearing aids in the market. General chips optimize the combination of software and hardware through unique and advanced algorithms that drive innovation in hearing health devices. Orka Two leverages unique algorithms to improve processing power, computation power and connectivity capabilities, according to the company.
New features of the Orka Two includes:
- AI DeNoise – Orka Two’s most significant noise reduction feature which provides a smooth and natural hearing experience to ensure optimal sound isolation and quality by focusing on speech clarity and minimizing background noise.
- Bluetooth – The device is Bluetooth 5.3 technology equipped and supports both BLE and Classic Bluetooth compatibility, enabling seamless connectivity with a wide range of devices, including Apple and Android.
- On-Case Controls and Built-In Power Bank – With control buttons on the charging case, a unique feature by Orka, users can effortlessly switch settings without the need to open the app, enhancing convenience and accessibility.
- Automatic Noise Reduction and Environment Switching – Every Orka Two device comes standard with automatic noise reduction and environment switching capabilities.
- In-App Hearing Screening and Remote Adjustment – Orka Two offers convenient hearing assessments and adjustments from the comfort of home, empowering users to personalize their experience.
- OTA Updates – Orka Two hearing aids, created with general chips, will continually evolve with the user through over-the-air updates, ensuring ongoing improvements, and increased effectiveness.