The Hear the World Foundation—a nonprofit organization founded by Sonova— is committed to improving the quality of life and promoting equal opportunities for people with hearing loss, globally.
The Foundation has a special focus on projects that support children reach their developmental milestones and realize their full potential in life, regardless of hearing loss.
Qualifying project topics include:
• Providing support for projects that supply children with hearing solutions, continuous care, and speech therapy;
• Deploying teams of experts to provide professional on-site support;
• Projects designed to increase newborn hearing screenings.
2. Professional Training
• Training and developing local audiologists;
• Providing training for clinic staff and teachers who deal with children with hearing loss;
• Providing support for research projects and awarding grants.
3. Prevention of Hearing Loss
• Campaigns to raise awareness about the risks posed by listening to music at excessively loud volumes;
• Measures to improve medical and basic audiological care.
4. Parents and Families
• Guides, newsletters, and brochures.
• Workshops, conferences, and special consultation sessions for parents.
• Opportunities to share experiences with other parents of children with hearing loss.
Applications for funding in 2018/19 can be submitted from now until January 31, 2018. The application can be accessed by clicking here.
Source: Hear the World Foundation