Siemens Hearing Instruments has just unveiled Micon, a new platform behind its BestSound Technology. The new microprocessor is designed to enable listening with ease, even in the most challenging situations. It will be available in the new Ace, as well as Siemens’ Pure, Aquaris, and Siemens Life models.
The new Micon chip is capable of executing 250 million instructions per second and has twice the processing power of Siemens’ previous technology platform, expanding Siemens’ hearing technology to 48 channels and extending the frequency range to 12,000 Hz. The result brings improved sound clarity and listening comfort, according to the company.
"The Micon platform represents our commitment to continuous improvements and innovation in hearing aid technology," said Scott Davis, CEO, Siemens Hearing Instruments Inc. "This development is the result of years of audiological research and delivers the most comprehensive combination of best-in-class features so wearers will love the natural, clear and comfortable sound right from the start. This may shorten the adoption curve that is often necessary for hearing aid wearers, streamlining the process for hearing care professionals."
Micon features include:
- Optimized directional speech enhancement and noise reduction in 48 channels, for better understanding in challenging environments.
- Expanded amplification to higher frequencies, up to 12 kHz, for natural sound quality and a brilliant listening experience.
- Faster and smarter feedback cancellation.
- Advanced frequency compression capabilities so wearers can hear sounds that were previously outside their range of hearing.
- Continuous "learning" of personal volume preferences with automatic amplification adjustments.
- Automatic recognition of multiple defined hearing situations and instinctively adjusts to wearers’ "learned" settings.
SOURCE: Siemens Hearing Instruments