The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) has implemented several enhancements to the NIDCD website, which are designed to make it more mobile-friendly with a range of devices, enhance users’ experience, and strengthen the institute’s alignment with federal mandates for information technology.
NIDCD reports that key features of the updated website include:
- Responsive design, enabling the content to automatically adjust to fit a user’s screen size, whether it is viewed on a computer, tablet, or phone
- Redesigned research and funding sections
- A new, prominent section highlighting NIDCD-supported research training and career development funding opportunities throughout the US and at the NIDCD labs and clinic in Bethesda, Maryland
- Improved home page design, featuring enhanced navigation and the NIDCD Twitter feed
- Integration of relevant NIDCD-supported research results with consumer health information on hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language disorders
- A new portal to Spanish-language consumer information published by the NIDCD
The NIDCD will continue to update and enhance NIDCD digital communications for health consumers, researchers and trainees, health professionals, and others. If readers have comments or need assistance, they are encouraged to notify NIDCD at: [email protected].
Image credit: © Tatsianama | Dreamstime.com