ReSound, Bloomington, Minn, introduces, ReSound Live ITC remote microphone custom hearing instruments, which are powerful and 40% smaller than many other custom hearing instruments on the market, according to the company.
“ReSound is relentlessly pursuing advances in custom hearing aid technology,” said Brian Tsuchiya, VP of custom business, in a statement. “With the introduction of these new models, hearing care professionals can now offer patients with an even wider range of hearing losses, more lifestyle options, and longer battery life—along with proven performance benefits available only with remote microphone technology.”
The company said the instruments provide:
- Expanded fitting range that accommodates 90% of hearing losses
- PhoneNow for automatic phone usage
- Extended battery life with a 312 battery—up to 165 hours
- Superior Sound Quality is available with all ReSound Live instruments
- Remote microphone design, engineered to use the natural shape of the ear to provide improved directivity, wind noise protection, and sound localization
- Attention to cosmetic design, creating the small hearing instruments
ReSound develops technology and solutions to improve quality of life for hard-of-hearing individuals worldwide. The company was founded in 1999 through a merger of GN Danavox and ReSound Corp.