SHOEBOX Ltd announced a new online hearing screening test, SHOEBOX Online, that reportedly uses “patented Dynamic Range technology” to produce “an effective screening solution for web-based testing.” According to the company’s announcement, SHOEBOX Online helps enable participants to remotely assess their hearing from any device—mobile phone, tablet, or laptop—and with headphones they already own. The test will sort participants into categories based on their hearing ability—good, hearing loss, or significant hearing loss.
“Currently available online hearing tests suffer from three critical flaws—they are inaccurate, hard to use, and are not optimized for mobile devices. We set out to build a test that solves these problems. Our mission is to expand access to hearing services by making testing available to anyone from anywhere on the planet,” said Mike Weider, CEO of SHOEBOX Ltd.
What makes SHOEBOX Online different, according to the company:
- Data-driven online hearing screening test based on thousands of data points,
- Built by the same team who developed the company’s diagnostic audiometer,
- Analyzed and mapped against five factors to “ensure effective categorization.”
- Ease of Use
- The test is described as “intuitive and simple to execute,”
- Results are “straightforward and easy for participants to understand.”
- Mobile Ready
- The test is reportedly optimized for both mobile and desktop (iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows) and can be taken from the comfort of a participant’s home,
- SHOEBOX Online is mobile-optimized.
Source: Shoebox Ltd